- Business in Perth County
Living in Perth County
- About Perth County
- Perth County Tartan
- Public Notices
- Official Plan - 5 Year Review
- Citizens News
- Stratford-Perth Archives
- County of Perth Official Plan
- Paramedic Services
- Emergency Management
- 2-1-1 Service
- Opportunity Lives Here
- Roundabout Information
- Weather & Road Conditions
- Perth County Tourism
- Strategic Plan and Business Plans
- 2008 Shared Services Review
- Joint Service Delivery Review 2014
- Staff Directory
- Provincial Offences Administration
- County of Perth Official Plan
- Energy Conservation Plan
- Applications and Permits
- Tenders and RFPs
- Financial Information
- Member Municipalities
- County Services Complaints
- Contact Us
Travel Permit Application Terms
Travel Permit Terms
THE MOVER AGREES TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS OR THE PERMIT IS NOT VALID AND FURTHER PERMITS WILL NOT BE GRANTED:
Where a Permit is issued in respect of:
- HEIGHT: The load shall not be composed of articles loaded on top of the other.
- WIDTH: The load shall not be composed of articles loaded side-by-side or crosswise.
- LENGTH: The load shall not be composed of articles loaded one behind the other and any overhang to the rear shall not exceed 1.5 metres from the centre of the rear most axle, unless marked as per Section III of the Highway Traffic Act.
- WEIGHT: The load shall not be composed of more than one article. When crossing bridges, vehicles of over 45.4 tonnes gross weight must use the centre of the roadway and be operated at the lowest practicable speed.
- SIGNS: Vehicles and loads in excess of the length prescribed under Section 109 of the Highway Traffic Act shall, in addition to the flags required, display on the rear, in a clearly visible position, a sign bearing the words "Long Load"in black letters at least 200 mm high with lines forming the letters at least 30 mm wide on yellow background.
- ESCORT:When escort is required, the escort vehicle shall precede the vehicle and load on a two-lane highway at a distance of 60 metres bearing a sign reading "Caution Oversize Load Follows" , or follow the vehicle and load on a four- lane highway bearing a sign reading "Caution Oversize Load Ahead". The sign should be in black letters at least 200 mm high with lines forming the letters at least 30 mm wide on a yellow background.
- That no moving can take place without a signed permit.
- Private escort is required for loads 4.0 to 5.0 metres wide, 36.76 m to 45.74 m in length or greater than 4.15 metres in height. Police escort is required for loads over 5.0 metres in width and 45.74 m in length. The Permit holder is responsible for arranging such escorts.
- This Permit is only valid on Perth County roads and does not include the urban centres of Mitchell, Listowel, Milverton, Stratford or St. Marys.
- The original of this Permit must be carried in the vehicle and produced on demand of a Police Officer or an Officer appointed for carrying out the provisions of the Highway Traffic Act. A faxed copy of an approved permit is deemed to be as valid as an original.
- It is the movers responsibility to ensure the route selected is suitable, which includes notifying any utilities.
- Where heights exceed 4.15 metres, approval is required from Utility Companies.
- The move shall be in daylight hours, during good visibility.
- Vehicles and loads of the width and/or length prescribed under Section 111 of the Highway Traffic Act shall be marked with four(4) red flags or markers, one as near as practicable to each corner of the vehicle or load.
- The owner and/or mover of the load being moved shall indemnify and save harmless the County of Perth against any actions, claims, damages, loss, actions or other proceedings, by whomever brought or made based upon, occasioned by or attributed to the issuance of this Permit.
- The Permit holder assumes all responsibility for damage to any property including public utility overhead wires.
- The overweight privileges contained in this Permit are not valid on County of Perth roads during the months of March and April.
- The overweight privileges contained in the permit are not valid on Perth Line 44 between Perth Road 180 and Highway 23. Bridge on Perth Line 44 between Perth Road 180 and Highway 23 is load restricted.